Yes. The Environmental Panning & Assessment Regulation (EP&A Reg) sets out the number of mandatory inspections for all types of buildings.

The Principal Certifier (PC) must advise the owner on what inspections are required to be carried out by the PC. Where an inspection by a third party, such as an engineer, is required, the PC will request written confirmation in the form of a report or certificate to verify that the inspection was carried out, and that work satisfies any applicable standards.