A3 or A4 Registered Building Certifier/Surveyor – Newcastle
Due to continued growth, we have opportunities available for experienced Registered Building Certifiers/Surveyors to join our Residential Certification Team based in Newcastle.
At Buildcert, our work environment is friendly and inclusive with the flexibility to work remotely as required. Benefits include a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad and mobile phone.
In this role, you will be:-
- working across a variety of residential projects;
- carrying out assessments of Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Occupation Certificates, Crown Certificates and Building Code of Australia Reports;
- carrying out critical stage inspections;
- providing building compliance advice to a wide range of clients;
- investigating and resolving customer requests;
- involved in business improvement strategies;
- assisting Team Leaders in mentoring junior staff;
- representing Buildcert at industry events, functions and seminars as required; and
- attending client meetings.
We invite applications from Registered Building Certifiers/Surveyors who hold:-
- a restricted (Class 1 & 10 residential buildings) registration (A3) or
- a Building Inspector Residential Certifier who can carry out inspections registration (A4)
with NSW Fair Trading and who can lead, assist and manage a large variety of Class 1 & 10 building projects.
Our ideal applicant will have extensive knowledge and experience in building certification and be committed to providing a first-class customer service experience for our clients. Your pro-active approach, strong communication skills and resilience will enable you to develop positive working relationships and you will enjoy working in an energetic, fun and fast-paced environment with a group that values teamwork.
In addition, you will have:-
- recognised qualifications (i.e. Diploma in Building Surveying, Bachelor in Construction Management) or other qualifications recognised by the Building and Development Certifiers Regulation or are currently studying;
- previous industry experience assessing and determining Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates and Occupation Certificates for Class 1 & 10 residential buildings;
- knowledge of all relevant legislation;
- a valid Class C Drivers’ Licence;
- a White Card and strong safety focus;
- computer skills (MS Office) with the ability to adapt to new systems and processes;
- high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to prepare complex reports;
- strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task whilst keeping projects on track;
- a high attention to detail;
- excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find alternative solutions;
- demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- a professional and courteous attitude; and
- full working rights for Australia (i.e. Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold appropriate visa).
About our Benefits:
At Buildcert, we truly believe that our people are our business and we support them by offering employee benefits including:
- flexible work options (combination of office and remote) to assist in balancing work, life and family responsibilities;
- a competitive salary package (negotiable based on qualifications and experience) + performance bonus and reviews;
- fully funded continued professional development;
- a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad and mobile phone;
- PI insurance coverage;
- payment of annual registration fees and industry memberships;
- leadership development programs and ongoing training and support;
- interest free loans and salary sacrificing options; and
- a friendly and supportive work environment.
If you would like to work with a company that offers unique opportunities within the industry please apply now to find out more. For more information on our company please visit our website at buildcert.com.au.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
For more information on this role or any of the job vacancies at Buildcert contact us at [email protected]