In some instances a development, such as a subdivision or change of use, may not require any physical building works to be carried out, but it may require an approval. Such development may not need a Development Approval from Council, but could possibly be approved as Complying Development. Buildcert can help to determine the type of approval required, and can assist with the lodgement process.