Yes. The Environmental Panning & Assessment Regulation (EP&A Reg) sets out the number of mandatory inspections for all types of buildings.

The Principal Certifying Authority (PCA) must advise the owner what inspections are required to be carried out by the PCA. Where an inspection by a third party, such as an engineer, is required, the PCA will request written confirmation in the form of a report or certificate to verify that the inspection was carried out, and that work satisfies any applicable standards.