A1 or A2 Registered Building Certifier/Surveyor
Due to continued growth, we have opportunities available for an experienced Registered Building Certifier/Surveyor to join our team based in Sydney. At Buildcert, our work environment is friendly and inclusive with the flexibility to work remotely as required. Benefits include a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad and mobile phone.
In this role, you will be:-
- working across a variety of residential, commercial and industrial projects;
- focusing on the timely completion of Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates, Occupation Certificates, Crown Certificates and Building Code of Australia assessments;
- attending site inspections and client meetings;
- providing building compliance advice to a wide range of clients;
- investigating and resolving customer requests;
- involved in business improvement strategies;
- assisting Team Leaders in mentoring junior staff; and
- representing Buildcert at industry events, functions and seminars as required.
We invite applications from Registered Building Certifiers/Surveyors who hold either:-
- an unrestricted registration (A1); or
- a restricted (all classes of building) registration (A2)
with NSW Fair Trading and who can lead, assist and manage a large variety of Class 2 to 9 building projects.
Our ideal applicant will have extensive knowledge and experience in building certification and be committed to providing a first-class customer service experience for our clients. Your pro-active approach, strong communication skills and resilience will enable you to develop positive working relationships and you will enjoy working in an energetic, fun and fast-paced environment with a group that values teamwork.
In addition, you will have:-
- recognised qualifications (ie. Diploma in Building Surveying, Bachelor in Construction Management or other qualifications recognised by the Building and Development Certifiers Regulation);
- previous industry experience assessing and determining Construction Certificates, Complying Development Certificates and Occupation Certificates for all classes of buildings;
- knowledge of all relevant legislation;
- a valid Class C Drivers Licence;
- a White Card and strong safety focus;
- computer skills (MS Office) with the ability to adapt to new systems and processes;
- high level interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to prepare complex reports;
- strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task whilst keeping projects on track;
- a high attention to detail;
- excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to find alternative solutions;
- demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team;
- a professional and courteous attitude; and
- full working rights for Australia (ie. Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold appropriate visa).
About our Benefits
At Buildcert we truly believe that our people are our business, and we support them by offering employee benefits including:
- flexible work options (combination of office and remote) to assist in balancing work, life and family responsibilities;
- a competitive salary package (negotiable based on qualifications and experience) + performance bonus and reviews;
- fully funded continued professional development;
- a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop, iPad and mobile phone;
- PI insurance coverage;
- payment of annual registration fees and industry memberships;
- leadership development programs and ongoing training and support;
- Interest free loans and salary sacrificing options; and
- a friendly and supportive work environment.
If you would like to work with a company that offers unique opportunities within the industry please apply now to find out more.
Buildcert is an equal opportunity employer and supports a culture of diversity, inclusion and flexibility in the workplace. For more information on this role or any of the job vacancies at Buildcert contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org