Financial Controller – Newcastle
Buildcert is a well-established, progressive and innovative building approval and certification company, with offices strategically located to service the Central Coast, Newcastle, Hunter Region, Mid North Coast, South Coast and Sydney regions. We are a solutions-driven company providing exceptional performance, customer service and value to a broad range of clients for all classes of commercial, industrial and residential developments.
Working closely with the Managing Director while leading and mentoring your team, you will oversee the finance function, playing a key role in driving financial and commercial excellence across the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the preparation of financial reports, including profit & Loss statements, balance sheet, cash flow, year-end reporting, board reporting, cost of sales reporting and expense reporting.
- Production of all management reporting, financial analysis and commentary, project reporting and forecasting.
- Superannuation Fund management and reporting.
- Preparation of quarterly BAS statements.
- Manage general treasury functions, payroll, accounts payable and receivables functions.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual compliance obligations.
- Proactively lead improvement reporting systems to ensure the delivery of insights to support commercial decision making.
- Drive change through people, systems and process to support business growth.
- You will have a tertiary qualification in accounting or a related discipline, and ideally be CA or CPA qualified.
- Minimum 5 years relevant practical experience in a similar position, with experience within the construction industry advantageous.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technical excellence in financial control, statutory reporting, governance, accounting standards, tax and treasury.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
A generous salary package, fantastic and supportive culture and the opportunity to make a genuine impact to the direction of growth of the company.