A2 Accredited Building Certifier – Newcastle
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity exists for an experienced and enthusiastic building certifier to join the team based out of our Newcastle office. To be successful in this position, you should be committed to providing a high level of quality service to our clients, be proactive in your approach, and have the ability to develop positive working relationships with our staff and client base.
About the role
- Carry out duties as the PC
- Issue Complying Development Certificates
- Issue Construction Certificates
- Carry out critical stage inspections
- Undertake assessment of applications ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, the Building Code of Australia (BCA) and Australian standards
- Issue Occupation Certificates
- Liaise with clients and industry consultants
- Provide advice and assistance
- Must hold or have the ability to acquire BPB accreditation to no less than A2 grade
- Proven experience working with BCA class 2-9 buildings
- Proven experience undertaking assessments of applications with proposed Performance (Alternate) Solutions
- Demonstrated understanding of the Building Code of Australia, Australian Standards and relevant Legislation
- Personable with a professional demeanour, and ability to exercise courtesy, tact and discretion
- Highly developed communications skills
- Willing and able to adapt to new systems and processes
- Hold a C class driver’s license
- Work with an industry leader
- Interest in furthering individual advancement to higher accreditation will be supported.
- Fully maintained company vehicle, phone and technology provided
- Attractive salary package
- People orientated company with a great culture
If you believe you are the right person for this position, please complete your application with a cover letter and resume no later than COB Wednesday October 28.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.